Wednesday 12 May 2010

I Love 50's Dresses!

I reeally wanted a 50's style dress for my wedding.  It didn't quite work out that way though, anyway I was never sure I had the legs for it.  But I love them and for those brides who are having a more informal wedding or don't want the traditional big gown but still want to feel glamorous, they are perfect.  While I was searching for a wedding dress I found some great designers and I shall share them with you now..

First stop London, and Candy Anthony  dresses are the stuff of dreams. These dresses are not cheap, but they are made to order, one-off pieces of luxury in a range of styles, necklines, fabrics and colours from white to leopard print to black, and everything inbetween.

 


Staying in London, for brides on a budget and those looking for something a bit edgier for themselves or their bridesmaids,  take a trip to Vivien of Holloway.  Popular with vintage girls, Vivien makes gorgeous halterneck swing dresses in cotton and satin, pencil and sarong dresses, bolero jackets and colourful petticoats.  At under £100 for a dress, who could refuse?  




Across the pond to the States now, and I am in love with Stephanie James Couture.  She makes stunning tea length, long length and suit dresses made from beautiful fabrics with fabulous frothy petticoats, and you can also find a selection of beautiful birdcage veils to go with them on her website.  Check out her blog for a veritable treasure trove of wedding dresses she has made for previous brides.... sigh

 

I can't go without mentioning Dolly Couture, whose stunning vintage style dresses start at only $395, bargain!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, those full skirts are just darling! Did girls in the '50s really have such tiny waists?! Thanks for sharing your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOH I love, love, love all the dresses!
    Serious case of the wants now!
    Just discovered your lovely blog and am now following,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete