Friday 7 May 2010

I'm in Cake Heaven......

If you're planning to have a desert buffet, you could do worse than serve some beautiful and scrumptious cakes like these.  Before my sister offered to make my wedding cake I thought about choosing a few of these in different sizes and placing them on a three tier cake stand.  This is a fab idea if you are on a budget, as you can serve these for desert after you have cut the cake.   I also had the idea of making a tower of various individual french cakes, tarts and slices on a transparent acrylic multi-tiered cake stand which would look so impressive, and guests could choose which kind they wanted to eat for desert (though not a great idea for a summer wedding in a hot marquee!).  These beauties from Patisserie Valerie in the UK come in various flavours and can be ordered from 6" to 16" in diameter.  Putting these pics together has got me feeling rather peckish.....



2 comments:

  1. The first six - the chocolate ones - look divine! I bet they taste heavenly, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a dessert buffet! WE don't have the money for our wedding to do such a thing, but at least our cake will be delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete